This month, Mecca Cosmetica are promoting their Beauty Icons. These are beauty products which have achieved special star power, either through strategically marketed PR hype or they just actually work!
Going one further, they are offering different deluxe sample packs to those booking makeovers or via Vogue magazine coupon redemption With the Vogue coupon, I dropped by the Myer Melbourne store yesterday and received these 5 free goodies!
The photo turned out too blue (my weak PS skills didn’t help), but I receved the following in a foil zip-lock bag:
- Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray – I have very flat and lifeless hair, so I should really test this out!
- NARS Multiple in South Beach – this is sort of in an apricot colour and can apparently be used on eyes, cheeks, lips and body; hence the name.
- Nude Age Defence Intense Moisturiser – I have tried other samples from this range and the moisturisers are usually thin, but hydrating.
- this works: enjoy really rich lotion
- Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF30+ Hydrating Facial Sunscreen – I am actually currently using a full size version of this, which I
received for free at an advance movie screening. It’s a very good
sunscreen (especially for Australian cosmetic standards)
as it does not feel heavy, thick or greasy. When I first started using,
I noticed a very, very, very faint sunscreen smell, but I no longer
notice it now. This is also one of the very rare products that aren’t
exorbitantly priced at Mecca.
I think each pack might have slightly different beauty icons, so you may not receive exactly the same items. To get an idea of other possible items, check out the Mecca Cosmetica Beauty Icons Box; this is only available with a $90 redeemable makover.
Late bloomer note, but I finally discovered in-store why Stila Kitten eyeshadow is so popular! It gives a lovely creamy iridescent champagne glow/shimmer without obvious particles of mica or glitter. Would have loved to get the Kitten refill in my bag!