Firstly, a recap of my 2011 Resolutions:
- Finally attain Ps. Didn’t happen 😦 My Learner’s permit expires this year and despite discovering that there exists the option to renew it, I should really just go and get the full license. My new plan is to get this into gear after Japan.
- Achieve the C25k. Didn’t happen 😦 I do clock up about 6kms on the treadmill every time I decide to run, but I just can’t run non-stop for 5km. Depending on the settings, the longest I can continuously run is about 2.5km.
- Complete the 30 Day Shred. Didn’t happen 😦 The most I did was about 10 days I think and I never actually got up to even level 2. I acknowldege it’s a good program, but trying to do exercise at home just doesn’t work for me. I need a gym-type environment.
- Actually lose weight, e.g. lose 5kg. Did happen! However, I just steadily gained it all back… From my short-lived experience, it appears the most important factor is calorie-restriction. For the nearly four months that I was tracking my calories closely on The Daily Plate, I did lose 5kg and it was great! I had to get pants and skirts adjusted as they were falling off me. Unfortunately, that 5kg has pretty much come back and I blame it mainly on my poor diet habits. I would say the real part of my Health Kick pretty much ended when Easter hit. The amass of chocolate was too hard to resist. I won’t start another Health Kick this year, but it’ll be more about trying to make the healthier choice. If I wanted to be unrealistic, a crazy goal would be to lose at least 7kg before Japan, so I can have even a chance of fitting in their clothes. It’s probably possible, if it took me 4 months to lose 5kg, but with only ~2.5 months to go, I would be RAVENOUS! 👿 Not possible! Or healthy…
So, all in all, I can’t say I did really well, did I?
- Really attain Ps!
- Make the healthier choice.