And I’m back from Japan! Admittedly, I’m feeling pretty tired and groggy, as the plane landed this morning and I only got about 3 hours sleep. I tried to stay awake during the day, but I just couldn’t…
Once again, I spent more than I had expected. Originally, I only wanted to only really buy a few items, but I was further influenced by social media… Quite a few of these items aren’t easily available at your standard Japanese drugstore chains like Matsumoto Kiyoshi, so I had to venture to the pricier Ainz & Tulpe to find them.
I would say it does look slightly smaller than my December 2015 haul, but that was a pretty big one and I’m still yet to open quite a lot of the purchases from that haul! Once again, this photo does not include snacks, miscellaneous items and gifts for others.
Cleanser CrazyLeft to right (purchase price in yen, purchase location)
- Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil 230ml (Y435, Yodobashi Camera) Inspired buy due to a better-than-expected oil cleanser in a hotel we stayed at. I usually never let the hotel amenities close to my face at all, but the DHC Amenity facial collection provided at the Bali Tower Hotel Osaka was great. I was thinking about buying a small DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, but then remembered I still have one unopened from a previous trip 😳
- Cow Brand Mutenka Foaming Facial Wash 200ml (Y408, Yodobashi Camera)
- Hada Labo Gokujun Foaming Wash 160ml (Y450, Matsumoto Kiyoshi)
- Panna Pompa AHA Morning Face Soap 300ml (Y1200, Ainz & Tulpe)
Lotions PotionsLeft to right (purchase price in yen, purchase location)
- Hada Labo Shirojun Premium 170ml (Y900, Matsumoto Kiyoshi) Newly released during my holiday! Apparently has Tranexamic acid, which should boost the whitening power of this product.
- Cinderella White Booster Serum-in Whitening Lotion 120ml (Y1600, Ainz & Tulpe) Also has Tranexamic acid!
- Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in Whitening Gel 105g (Y1800, Ainz & Tulpe) As does this!
- Cinderella Time Medicated Booster Serum-in Lotion 200ml with a 50ml sample of Cinderella Time Booster Serum Nano-Cleansing Gel (Y1598*, Ainz & Tulpe) Bought this before finally finding Cinderella White at the Shinjuku Ainz & Tulpe
Terrific(?) TreatmentsLeft to right (purchase price in yen, purchase location)
- 50 no Megumi Whitening Milk Refill 200ml (Y1230, Matsumoto Kiyoshi) This is actually for older women (for over 50s), but the TV commercial for this product made it look like all your freckles and age spots just completely disappear! :O I know, I know, I’m a Japanese TV advertisement sucker!
- Meishoku Ceracolla Perfect Gel 90g (Y754, Yodobashi Camera) Often a HG item on forums, but not always easy to find.
- Melano CC Intensive Anti-Spot Essence 20ml (Y826, Yodobashi Camera) Although my review for this product is middling, I can’t help but think that maybe this does do something, even if mega slowly… By the way, the cheapest I found this was actually in a Sundrug in Sunshine St, Ikebukuro for about 7xx yen.
Colourful CosmeticsLeft to right (purchase price in yen, purchase location)
- Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+ PA++++ 50g (Y630,* Don Quijote) New release, but I haven’t even tried the revered old verison yet!
- Missha M Magic Cushion (Moisture) #21 SPF50+ PA+++ (Original Loft Design) (Y1026*, Loft) For that price and the cute packaging, it was hard to resist despite my “eurgh” reaction to the concept of cushion foundations.
- Can Do Ice Blue Eyeliner (Y108*, Can Do) Saw a blog post on these eyeliners and for 108 yen, I thought, why not? Edit: Man, this is awesome. Highly pigmented, easy to apply. I’m not really an eyeliner girl so maybe I have only used bad/mediocre ones, so I may just be easily pleased in this aspect. The linked blog said it was hard to apply, but it just glided smoothly on my lids. Not sure about its stay on power though, as I only tried it for fun before my shower. I’d recommend getting the full colour set! 😝
- Shiseido SpotsCover Foundation S100, 20g (Y880 , Yodobashi Camera) Read a few blog posts about how great this is as a concealer. Hard to find this one though. Might need to find a corresponding concealer brush though…
- Cezanne Lasting Lip Color N 402 (Y480, Ainz & Tulpe)
Here’s some cute Pokemon merchandise I also bought 🙂
Price disclaimer: All prices stated are tax-free and after discounts, unless asterisked. I purchased most products tax-free. All products purchased from Yodobashi Camera Akihabara also include a 5% VISA credit card discount. This trip, I still found the Yodobashi Camera Akihabara the best place to go in terms of cheapest pricing and a wide range. However, it didn’t have the new Hada Labo Shirojun Premium and it does make me question the freshness of maybe the less popular items?
This likely going to be my last Japanese haul in a while. After almost annual trips to Japan for the past few years, we have decided we are likely to take a break from Japan until maybe after the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Besides, there are so many other countries in the world to explore!